The Lincoln College Shuttle operates on a fixed shuttle route that runs through historical downtown Lincoln and stops at a number of retail stores and restaurants located in and around Lincoln. Students can board/depart at the half circle drive in front of Heritage South Residence Hall and any of the locations on the schedule.
Student Shuttle Hours:
Sunday – Thursday | 5:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday | 5:00 p.m. – Midnight
LC Shuttle Bus Policies & Behavioral Guidelines:
The student shuttle service provides free transportation for students, faculty, and staff that provide a Lincoln College student or employee issued ID. Upon boarding the shuttle riders must sign their name and destination. Drivers are instructed to be firm on the ID policy.
All students, faculty, and staff riding the LC Shuttle have the right to expect a safe space waiting for the shuttle, a safe trip once on the shuttle, and reliable service. Lincoln College strives to make sure these three characteristics of high-quality transportation are consistently maintained.
In order to ensure the safety of all who ride the LC Shuttle, and in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct of Lincoln College, we would like to remind students, faculty, and staff of these behavioral expectations while riding or waiting for the LC Shuttle.
General rules for riding the shuttle:
- Have your Lincoln College issued student or employee ID ready when boarding the shuttle bus.
- Sign your name on the log and your destination and time.
- No open food or drink, littering or smoking including e-cigarettes or vapors on the bus.
- Drivers will not allow passengers to board and disembark the bus unless it is at an established stop.
- Keep your volume down as not everyone shares your interest in music or conversation.
- Please check all personal possessions before disembarking the shuttle. Lincoln College is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Lost-and-found items will be turned into the Office of Student Services.
- Physically aggressive behavior toward passengers or drivers, including pushing or forcing one’s way onto the bus will not be tolerated
- Blocking, leaning on, holding open, or attempting to open doors will not be tolerated.
- Any form of physical contact with a bus driver will not be tolerated.
- Any form of inflammatory, disrespectful, or otherwise distracting speech directed toward a bus driver or fellow passengers will not be tolerated.
- Possession of open containers of alcohol is forbidden.
- Banging on or attempting to board a moving bus will not be tolerated.
- Damaging, defacing or in any way marring the interior or exterior of the bus will not be tolerated.
- Any costs associated with repairs or cleaning will be charged to the responsible individual.
- No pets allowed (only service animals will be allowed)
Above all else, please demonstrate common courtesy and respect for those around you, and allow all members of the Lincoln College community to get the most out of the LC Shuttle service.
Failure to adhere to the standards listed above may result in one or more of the following:
- Removal from the shuttle
- Referral to the Dean of Students for disciplinary action
- Prohibition from further use of the shuttle
Lincoln College will provide students transportation to and from the Lincoln Amtrak station starting at 5:00 p.m. Friday through Sunday. Students must reserve their shuttle ride by scheduling an “Amtrak Shuttle” reservation 24 hours in advance of their arrival/departure time at the Lincoln Amtrak Station via our online Amtrak Shuttle Reservation Form. Students must board the shuttle 30 minutes before their train is to arrive in Lincoln to guarantee on time arrival to the Lincoln Amtrak station. Students may board the shuttle in the half circle drive of Heritage South Residence Hall.
Students are encourage to follow the Amtrak schedule via smart phone app or online to see if their train is delayed or canceled. The Amtrak mobile app can be downloaded in the Google Play Store or Apple Store depending on the type of phone.
Alternative Amtrak shuttle times will be available for spring move-in days, finals week, and mandatory holiday and break closures only. Shuttle services to and from the Amtrak station will not be provided during the week starting on Monday until 5:00pm on Friday. Student’s are responsible for arranging their own transportation if they schedule their train during the week or before 5:00 p.m. Friday – Sunday.
If you’re attending an Admission Open House, SOAR, or other special event please contact the Office of Admission at 1-800-569-0556 to arrange your trip.
Amtrak Times To Chicago Daily
|7:00 a.m.||9:05 a.m.||10:25 a.m.||5:24 p.m.||8:00 p.m.|
Amtrak Times To St. Louis Daily
|12:10 p.m.||4:37 p.m.||8:02 p.m.||9:47 p.m.|