Welcome Lynx Family! We would like to welcome you as new member of the Lynx Community. The years your student spends at Lincoln College will likely be some of the most influential years of their adult life.
You will share your student’s journey and experience. As with all transitions in life, there will be moments of great excitement, some periods of needing to refocus direction, and challenges along the way. Lincoln College invites you to partner with us to help make your student experience successful and rewarding.
Resources For Lynx Parents
Learn about resources available to Lincoln College students & parents, how to get involved on campus, as well as suggestions for visiting campus and parenting a Lynx through the Parent and Families website or Facebook page.
The Dean of Students is available to assist families in navigating the Lincoln College system and serves as a starting point for parents and families with questions. The Dean of Students can be contacted at (217) 735-7302.
TIPS FOR PARENTS & FAMILIES
- Trust your student to make good decisions.
- Be a good listener. Encourage your student to solve problems.
- Provide support by giving advice when needed, by sending care packages and e-mails, and by making planned visits to campus.
- Step back and let your student learn to make decisions and deal with the consequences.
- Find time to connect with your student.
- Make planned visits to campus. Opportunities for this fall include:
- Fall Move-in: August August 15
- Family Weekend: October 19-21
- Homecoming: November 10